wild rice cornbread stuffing
This stuffing by Rachel Spurr is sooo good. I loved serving it to my Thanksgiving guests last year! It’s pictured here inside of Rachel’s Tofu Roulade.
To find out more about Rachel’s catering offerings, you can contact her at [email protected]. Here’s the recipe for the stuffing – enjoy!
Wild Rice Cornbread Stuffing
- 2 tbs olive oil
- ¼ onion
- 1 rib celery, cubed small
- ½ apple
- 1/2 tsp rubbed sage
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 3 cups vegan corn bread, pre-cooked
- 1/2 cup wild rice, pre-cooked
- 2 tbs pecans
- 2 tbs dried cranberries
- 1/2 tsp poultry spice
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbs parsley
- ½-1 cup vegetable broth
- Add the first 7 ingredients to a sauce pan and cook 10-15 minutes or until apples and celery begin to soften.
- Meanwhile, crumble precooked vegan cornbread into a large bowl.
- Add wild rice, pecans, dried cranberries, poultry spice, sea salt and parsley.
- Mix in sauteed mixture, stirring well.
- Adjust seasonings as desired.
- Add vegetable broth.
- For a moisture dressing, more vegetable broth can be added.
- Place in a well oil pyrex dish or casserole.
- Bake covered at 350 for 1 hour, uncovering in last 20 minutes of cooking.
Yum! What kind of stuffing are you going to eat this Thanksgiving?
Tempeh Rueben Wraps from Heirloom Commons!May 20th, 2016
Date with Bear & My ParentsMay 11th, 2016
East Village NYC’s Vegan Ice Cream Game is Strong!April 27th, 2016
Oh Snap! Sweet Pea SoupApril 6th, 2016