wild rice cornbread stuffing
This stuffing by Rachel Spurr is sooo good. I loved serving it to my Thanksgiving guests last year! It’s pictured here inside of Rachel’s Tofu Roulade.
To find out more about Rachel’s catering offerings, you can contact her at [email protected]. Here’s the recipe for the stuffing – enjoy!
Wild Rice Cornbread Stuffing
- 2 tbs olive oil
- ¼ onion
- 1 rib celery, cubed small
- ½ apple
- 1/2 tsp rubbed sage
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 3 cups vegan corn bread, pre-cooked
- 1/2 cup wild rice, pre-cooked
- 2 tbs pecans
- 2 tbs dried cranberries
- 1/2 tsp poultry spice
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbs parsley
- ½-1 cup vegetable broth
- Add the first 7 ingredients to a sauce pan and cook 10-15 minutes or until apples and celery begin to soften.
- Meanwhile, crumble precooked vegan cornbread into a large bowl.
- Add wild rice, pecans, dried cranberries, poultry spice, sea salt and parsley.
- Mix in sauteed mixture, stirring well.
- Adjust seasonings as desired.
- Add vegetable broth.
- For a moisture dressing, more vegetable broth can be added.
- Place in a well oil pyrex dish or casserole.
- Bake covered at 350 for 1 hour, uncovering in last 20 minutes of cooking.
Yum! What kind of stuffing are you going to eat this Thanksgiving?
Aleeza’s Roasted Veggies DishesAugust 31st, 2015
Quinoa Blueberry Muffins from Kind Lifer MadelineMay 20th, 2015
L.A.’s 1st Vegan Cheese Shop: VromageMay 13th, 2015
Celine’s Easy Pear & Walnut CrumbleMarch 25th, 2015