cheesy, oozy guacamole bean dip
I first had this at a party about 10 years ago. That recipe was my inspiration for this healthier version.
We like to make this for football games. My husband Christopher is a huge Cleveland Browns fan. They never really win, but he always roots for them. He dresses our pit bull in a Browns shirt during the games! Super cute.
Reminder: this recipe doesn’t belong in the superhero family, but it’s loads better than what you usually find in party dips. When I shared this on The View, the ladies loved it. Bottom line – this dip is clean, dirty fun….
- 1 (16-ounce) can refried beans
- 3 large avocados
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 (8-ounce) containers nondairy sour cream
- 1 packet taco seasoning (I use Bearitos, but if you are avoiding all white sugar, make your own mix with chili powder, ground cumin, onion powder, hot paprika or cayenne, and salt)
- 1/2 cup diced mild green chiles, drained
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives, or more if you like
- 5 tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cups shredded vegan Cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Spread a layer of refried beans in the bottom of an 8 inch by 8 inch quart glass baking dish.
- Pit and peel the avocados, and place in a bowl.
- Mash the avocados together with the lime juice, and spread on top of the refried beans.
- Stir together the sour cream and taco seasoning, and spread over the avocado.
- Sprinkle the chiles over the sour cream, and top with a layer of black olives.
- Add the tomatoes, and sprinkle with the cheese.
- Heat the dip for 15-30 minutes or until heated through and the cheese is a bit melted.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Do you guys have any kind snack ideas for the game this weekend?
Simple & Seriously Yum Brown Rice BowlJanuary 14th, 2015
M Cafe’s Vegan Benedict Recipe!December 31st, 2014
Vegan Holiday Cooking: Pumpkin Cheesecake with Apple Cider ReductionNovember 19th, 2014
Cookie’s Water HallahNovember 7th, 2014
Thug Kitchen: Sweet Potato, Squash, & Black Bean EnchiladasOctober 10th, 2014