lil kind life: 10 ways to help your kids go green
Your child is never too young to do their part in helping the environment, so it’s important to teach your little ones to go green from the start.
1. Teach him/her to turn off the lights.
2. Remind little ones to turn off the water when brushing their teeth.
3. Spend time with your children playing outside and away from electronic devices that use/waste energy.
4. Buy eco-friendly toys and products for your children.
5. Buy in bulk. Instead of buying snack packs buy in bulk and then divide into individual servings using reusable containers.
6. Recycle toys and electronics. Show your children how to properly recycle batteries and electronics so that they don’t end up in landfills.
7. Teach your children how to cook and where food comes from.
8. Carpool to school.
9. Let the kids sort the recycling.
9. Donate gently used toys and clothing to others who can use them instead of throwing them away.
What are some other fun, energy-efficient activities you can do with your little ones?
Read more about raising kind kids on my guest blog for AllParenting.com.
Photo Credit: Kids Gone Raw
4 Foods That Are Toxic For Trying or Expecting MamasSeptember 15th, 2014
Kind Lifer Kate’s Mama & Baby EssentialsAugust 27th, 2014
Breathe EasyAugust 22nd, 2014
Zabada Clean and GreenAugust 8th, 2014
My Interview with Natural Child World MagazineJuly 30th, 2014