ten nature documentaries for earth day
A beautiful time-lapse video of Yosemite National Park:
For your viewing pleasure! A great documentary can be the best reminder of why we choose to maintain a kind lifestyle. In honor of Earth Day this Sunday, here are ten must-see docs:
- Flow a film about the water crisis and the privatization of the world’s water supply. I watched this and it’s so important to see. A truly great documentary and I wish everyone in the world would watch it. Please help me get people to see I by passing it along.
- Ken Burns: The National Parks: America’s Best Idea a look at the stunning natural beauty of America’s varied landscapes and the pioneering leaders who fought to preserve it. I haven’t seen this one yet, but I love Ken Burn’s documentary about New York so I have no doubt that this one will be wonderful. I want to see it.
- Planet Earth I hear this BBC series is a beautifully shot must-see!
- The Last Lions This National Geographic documentary follows a pride of lions as they struggle to survive in an environment of dwindling resources. It made me cry a tad watching the promo. It looks wonderful.
- No Impact Man a New Yorker and his family attempt to live in Manhattan for a full year without leaving any impact on the environment.
- March of the Penguins a beloved documentary following the lives of penguins in Antarctica. Kid-friendly!
- Microcosmos This looks like an amazing documentary about the lives of insects, incredible photography for all you film or photography fans out there! The little part I saw had an insect whose face looked like a wise, old ape. It’s amazing when we see up close how complicated and special they are.
- Dolphins: Deep Thinkers a BBC documentary examining the extraordinary intelligence of Dolphins
- The Cove an expose of the cruel practice of dolphin hunting in the waters around Japan. This is supposed to be an absolute must-see amazing one.
- An Inconvenient Truth Al Gore’s documentary about global warming. I think this had a very big impact on people’s openness to making changes. It seemed to open a lot of minds.
What other nature & eco documentaries do you love? Share in the comments below!
Zabada Clean Kind Life DiscountJuly 9th, 2014
Permaculture Is Awesome!June 25th, 2014
Forks Over KnivesMay 23rd, 2014
James Cameron & Suzy Amis Cameron Open Green MUSE SchoolMay 16th, 2014
Kind Idea: Shopping Cart GardensMay 2nd, 2014