Beautiful Ballet Accessories For the Eco-Minded Dancer
Fashion guest blogger Fiorella is back with a fantastic piece about eco-friendly apparel and accessories for dancers. If you’re not a dancer, many of these items would make great gifts, or you can just as easily use them in yoga or other fitness classes.
The Eco Ballerina
These are some ballet-inspired pieces for dancers. Since ballet moves are present in many types of dances, you can incorporate these pieces into your dance wardrobe regardless of the type of dance you specialize in. This ballerina-esque look is classic and stylish at the same time.
1. Decent Exposures Leotard – This practical leotard is made to order and you can choose their organic cotton option ($60).
2. Jet Ballet Skirt – I like this soy skirt because it’s not see-through, lets you move freely and it’s an alternative to non-vegan silk ballet skirts ($68).
3. Beckons Love Shrug – Experiment with layers and throw on this beautiful pink bamboo shrug over a tank top or leotard ($18).
4. Maggie’s Leg Warmers – Wear these stylish leg warmers over leggings or tights to prevent leg injuries. They are made of imported organic cotton and come in different colors ($14.50).
5. Cynthia King Vegan Ballet Slippers – I’ve been wearing these ballet slippers for a year now and I absolutely love them. They are very comfortable and durable ($24.95).
6. Small Multi-Pocket Handbag – Organize your dancing essentials in this multi-pocket hemp bag. Its pockets will help you keep your dance make up separate from your accessories ($56.15).
7. Eco Rosa Earrings - These delicate quartz earrings are just beautiful and won’t get in the way ($40).
8. Alicia Silverstone for Juice Beauty Press Powder – Under stage lighting, pressed powder will be your best friend. This vegan pressed powder is good for all skin types ($24).
9. Ballet Dance Water Bottle – This stainless steel water bottle can be personalized with your own name and can also be given as a gift for the dancers in your life ($18).
About Fiorella: Fiorella Vidal is an architect who works in planning and design in Lima, Peru. She is also a dance student and has been dancing for 3 years now. Promoting anti-bullfighting campaigns with her friends is one of her free-time activities when she is not designing or dancing. She believes that it’s possible to live a more eco-friendly life without losing your personal sense of style. Friend Fiorella.
* * * * * * * * * * * *
Yay, thank you for fighting against bull fighting! I will use this next time I need ballet shoes. I love the shrug and the leotard as well, and of, course the pressed power. Thanks for a great post!
What’s your favorite eco-friendly dance apparel?
Share them below so we can add them to the site!
Now, read Fiorella’s blog about kind yoga apparel!
Zabada Clean Kind Life DiscountJuly 9th, 2014
Permaculture Is Awesome!June 25th, 2014
Forks Over KnivesMay 23rd, 2014
James Cameron & Suzy Amis Cameron Open Green MUSE SchoolMay 16th, 2014
Kind Idea: Shopping Cart GardensMay 2nd, 2014