Crossroads: Tal Ronnen’s Delicious New Restaurant
If you’re in Los Angeles looking for a great dinner, veg or otherwise, you must run to Tal Ronnen’s new restaurant Crossroads on Melrose and Sweetzer. I’ve already been twice since it opened March 14th and I can’t wait to go back.
Here are the dishes that I loved and recommend:
• Sunset & Vine: My friend and I tried four of their signature cocktails (all of them were so beautiful) and this one was my favorite. You can see a photo of it in Chip’s hand above. It was so interesting and delicious. I’d definitely order this again.
• Artichoke Oysters: These are amazing. They’re not oysters at all, but little artichoke leaves with all this yummy stuff on top—crispy oyster mushroom, yellow tomato béarnaise and kelp caviar. Heavenly deliciousness.
• Lentil Flatbread with 3 Seasonal Spreads: These little flatbreads come with really nice sauces. Yum! I will order this again for sure. One of the sauces was leek pâté with smoked white bean hummus and tomato braised banana peppers. Really good!
• Tortelloni: These are seriously insane. Almond cheese, oven-dried tomatoes, spinach cream… YUM!
• Papas Arrugadas: These little baby potatoes are really good. I want these next time again.
• “Crab” Cakes: These are made of palm hearts and have apples, beets, and horseradish cream. So nice!
• Red Grapefruit Salad: This was delicious and the presentation is super fancy. Really nice! I can’t wait to have it again.
• Kale Salad with Currants: also delicious and fancy. Really nice!
• Pappardelle Bolognese: Really good!
• Caramelized Leek Puree, Crispy Root Vegetables & Frisée Flatbread Pizza: Sooo good! Can’t wait to get it again!
• Carrot Cake Ice Cream: Really good!
• Chocolate Bundt Cake: Really good.
Here’s a list of what I didn’t get a chance to try that I want to order next time:
• Cheese plate: Tal invented a new cheese and I can’t wait to taste it! They were sold out last time I went so I’ll get it next time…
• Their wine sounded really nice
• Red quinoa with pan-roasted fresh artichoke hearts and fava beans
• Cassoulet with lentils, wild mushrooms, grilled treviso, and buttered leeks
We sat in a nice, big booth, but the bar there is so pretty. Next time I might even go and sit at the bar because it has such a cool, swanky vibe. Everybody was so nice who worked there. Our waiters both times were so sweet and lovely.
Oh, and they’re going to open a breakfast situation soon… Tal let me taste the croissant and it was just like Paris… amazing!!! Basically, the best croissant you will ever have.
I can’t wait to go back!
Which dish would you love to try?
Agar Agar, Kuzu, and Arrowroot Oh My!June 27th, 2014
Sweet Carrot SaladJune 20th, 2014
father’s day is almost here!June 13th, 2014
Bold Vegan: Food for the Body and SoulMay 28th, 2014