Crossroads: Tal Ronnen’s Delicious New Restaurant
If you’re in Los Angeles looking for a great dinner, veg or otherwise, you must run to Tal Ronnen’s new restaurant Crossroads on Melrose and Sweetzer. I’ve already been twice since it opened March 14th and I can’t wait to go back.
Here are the dishes that I loved and recommend:
• Sunset & Vine: My friend and I tried four of their signature cocktails (all of them were so beautiful) and this one was my favorite. You can see a photo of it in Chip’s hand above. It was so interesting and delicious. I’d definitely order this again.
• Artichoke Oysters: These are amazing. They’re not oysters at all, but little artichoke leaves with all this yummy stuff on top—crispy oyster mushroom, yellow tomato béarnaise and kelp caviar. Heavenly deliciousness.
• Lentil Flatbread with 3 Seasonal Spreads: These little flatbreads come with really nice sauces. Yum! I will order this again for sure. One of the sauces was leek pâté with smoked white bean hummus and tomato braised banana peppers. Really good!
• Tortelloni: These are seriously insane. Almond cheese, oven-dried tomatoes, spinach cream… YUM!
• Papas Arrugadas: These little baby potatoes are really good. I want these next time again.
• “Crab” Cakes: These are made of palm hearts and have apples, beets, and horseradish cream. So nice!
• Red Grapefruit Salad: This was delicious and the presentation is super fancy. Really nice! I can’t wait to have it again.
• Kale Salad with Currants: also delicious and fancy. Really nice!
• Pappardelle Bolognese: Really good!
• Caramelized Leek Puree, Crispy Root Vegetables & Frisée Flatbread Pizza: Sooo good! Can’t wait to get it again!
• Carrot Cake Ice Cream: Really good!
• Chocolate Bundt Cake: Really good.
Here’s a list of what I didn’t get a chance to try that I want to order next time:
• Cheese plate: Tal invented a new cheese and I can’t wait to taste it! They were sold out last time I went so I’ll get it next time…
• Their wine sounded really nice
• Red quinoa with pan-roasted fresh artichoke hearts and fava beans
• Cassoulet with lentils, wild mushrooms, grilled treviso, and buttered leeks
We sat in a nice, big booth, but the bar there is so pretty. Next time I might even go and sit at the bar because it has such a cool, swanky vibe. Everybody was so nice who worked there. Our waiters both times were so sweet and lovely.
Oh, and they’re going to open a breakfast situation soon… Tal let me taste the croissant and it was just like Paris… amazing!!! Basically, the best croissant you will ever have.
I can’t wait to go back!
Which dish would you love to try?