Haller’s Pumpkin Kale Pasta Casserole
I found this on the Martha Stewart website and tweaked it slightly.
30 min cook | 8 servings | 20 min prep
- olive oil 1 tbsp
- coarsely chopped 8 ounce
- pumpkin puree 15 ounce
- reduced-sodium vegetable broth 14.5 ounce
- sun-dried tomato pesto 2 tbsp
- almond slices 0.5 cup
- whole-wheat pasta 12 ounce
- Cook pasta and drain.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Add kale. Cook until it wilts, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add pumpkin and broth
- Add pesto to kale; stir to combine. Bring to a simmer. Season with 2 teaspoons salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
- Toss pasta with pumpkin-kale mixture. Transfer to a 9-by-13-inch baking dish or eight individual dishes. Top with almonds. Bake until top is golden, about 30 minutes.
- NOTE: You can add spinach instead of kale. Or add spinach to the kale. You can make your own pesto or add actual basil and sun-dried tomatos. The original recipe called for a 29 oz can of pumpkin but that was overkill.