Michelle’s Quick & Easy Green Bean Casserole
I made this for Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner 2011. The whole family loved it and I’m the only vegan in the family! I used cut green beans and didn’t add the nutrional yeast. The sauce is like a gravy and is super yummy. I made some extra and put it on my baked tofu. Also, I think it makes about 8 servings. That was how many people ate it and we didn’t have any leftovers! Hope you enjoy!
20 min cook | 8 servings | 10 min prep
- vegan margarine 0.25 cup
- flour 0.25 cup
- vegetable broth 1.5 cup
- soy sauce 1 tsp
- garlic powder 0.5 tsp
- onion powder 1 tsp
- vegetable oil 2 tsp
- nutrional yeast (optional) 0.25 cup
- green beans 28 ounce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small saucepan melt the margarine and add the flour.
- Add the vegetable broth, soy sauce, garlic and onion powders. Stir frequently until the sauce thickens.
- Whisk in the vegetable oil and nutrional yeast if using.
- Toss the sauce and green beans together in a casserole dish. Bake for 20 minutes.