Manitoba Harvest: Festive Pumpkin Pie Smoothie & No Bake Hemp Truffles
When it comes to hemp foods, Manitoba Harvest is involved at every level – from seed to shelf. They are the world’s largest hemp food manufacturer to grow, make, and sell their own line of hemp foods. Manitoba Harvest’s mission is to manufacture and market the highest quality hemp food products, to educate on the health and environmental benefits of hemp, and to strive for sustainability in all that they do.
Hemp is a nutrient packed seed filled with omegas, protein, and magnesium. Try this seasonal smoothie for breakfast or whip up these truffles for your next family get together.
Pumpkin Pie Smoothie
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 2 cups original almond milk (or original hemp milk)
- 1 small banana
- 2 ice cubes
- 1-2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 serving of HempPro 70 Vanilla (hemp protein powder)
- 1 tbsp Hemp Hearts (by Manitoba Harvest Hemp Foods)
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ginger
Put all ingredients into a high speed blender or vita mix and blend until smooth.
No Bake Hemp Truffles
- 1/4 cup cocoa or raw cacao or carob powder
- 1/3 cup Hemp Pro70 Chocolate
- 1 cup nut or seed butter (stirred well)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup brown rice syrup
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- pinch sea salt
- 2 tbsp Hemp Hearts (by Manitoba Harvest Hemp Foods)
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in a bowl to create a uniform texture.
- Fold in wet ingredients by hand.
- Form into 1-inch balls and roll in Hemp Hearts.
Kick off making these recipes by using the 20% discount promo code: ASBlog2014 when making purchases at www.manitobaharvest.com. This code expires December 31, 2014.
RZA of Wu-Tang Clan on why he doesn’t eat animalsFebruary 21st, 2018
Guest Blog: Do You Suffer From Protein Anxiety?February 14th, 2018
Fare Isle’s Creamy Roasted Cauliflower Leek & Chickpea PastaFebruary 12th, 2018
Guest Blog: Horses Need Our HelpFebruary 7th, 2018
Valentine GoodiesFebruary 5th, 2018