Cookie’s Sweets! Tahini Cookies & Cocoa Krispies
In addition to making water hallah, matzo ball soup, and charoset at Aleeza’s house, Cookie made some sweets! Her tahini cookie and cocoa tahini rice krispie treat recipes are both fun and easy to follow. They are by no means super hero, but definitely fun food! We stuck with her original recipes which happen to be vegan, but if your looking to use healthier flours or sweeteners, please do! I’m sure they will be just as yum! Enjoy!!
These are really yummy!!
Makes about 18-25 cookies.
- 3 cups flour (we used white flour but you can use healthier flours like half whole wheat pastry or gluten free oat or brown rice flour, let me know how it goes!)
- 1 cup raw tahini
- 2 sticks earth balance butter
- 1 cup sugar (can use healthier sweetener like maple syrup or raw coconut palm sugar)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Sliced almonds option for decoration
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a mixing bowl, mix together the flour, raw tahini, earth balance, sweetener, and baking powder
- Once thoroughly mixed, roll the dough into tiny balls and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. If your feeling decorative, you can press a fork on the surface of the balls or add some sliced almonds
- Bake the cookies for 20 minutes, until their top has a golden hue
Cocoa Rice Krispies
Makes about 50 small-sized squares
- 7 cups rice krispies cereal (can use brown rice krispies brands like Erewhon or Barbara’s)
- 500g baking chocolate (I would use Sunspire)
- 16oz raw tahini
- Halva to taste (optional)
- Place the rice krispies in a mixing bowl
- Melt the 500g baking chocolate with the 16oz of tahini on a stove top until throughly melted together
- Once the chocolate and tahini mixture is complete, remove from stovetop and pour over the rice krispie filled bowl
- Mix the rice krispies and chocolate tahini together
- Once mixed together, place the chocolate tahini krispies on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper
- If your feeling frisky, grate some halva on top of the evenly spread krispies while their still warm (so it melts a bit)
- Cut the krispies as you wish. We did small squares about 15 x 6
- Place in the freezer until they harden
Have you experimented with tahini in any of your sweet treats? Have you made similar dishes using different kinds of flour and sweeteners?
By the way! The yummiest tahini in the world is Brad’s Organic. You must order it online but it’s so good! Especially on mochi waffles or a rice cake with strawberry jam… It’s better than peanut butter I tell you! Not needed for these recipes but just a must buy if you like tahini!
Top Right Photo & Second Photo Credit: Stephanie Todaro
This Rawsome Life’s Strawberry + Chocolate CheesecakeMarch 7th, 2018
Fare Isle’s Creamy Roasted Cauliflower Leek & Chickpea PastaFebruary 12th, 2018
Raw ‘Oreos’ from The Colorful KitchenJanuary 31st, 2018
My Quest for Healthier Chewing GumDecember 4th, 2017
Sachi’s Hot & Sour Soup, superhero style!October 18th, 2017