Giveaway: Fair Trade Mother’s Day Gifts
Congrats Brenda Lee! You & your mom are the winners of the giveaway.
Thank you so much to everyone who participated, so many amazing stories & mamas! It was a tough one.
Happy Mother’s Day to all you kind mamas! In honor of the upcoming day, Fair Trade USA is giving away some amazing Fair & Organic items to 2 lucky ladies! I’m excited to support Fair Trade items because when you buy an item marked with it’s label, you know that the farmers or workers who produced it are paid fair wages, earn healthcare benefits, receive education, earn development funds to improve their communities, and practice sustainably. The Fair Trade Certification covers a wide range of items- from coffee to wine and flowers to moisturizer. By purchasing items with this label, you are truly making a difference with your dollar!
Well in addition to all of that goodness, Fair Trade also does a lot to empower and support women. Under Fair Trade standards, women are given equal representation on worker’s committees, maternity leave, childcare assistance and even microloans to start their own businesses. So when you give Fair Trade gifts for Mother’s Day, you’re doing more than making your own mom smile. Visit BeFair.org to learn how it all works and sign a virtual card for Fair Trade moms.
Check out this short video that gives a brief snap shot as to why Fair Trade certified flowers are so much more valuable than conventional:
Today’s giveaway features a collection of so many wonderful Mother’s Day gift ideas!
- Under the Canopy Kimono Robe: This simple, super-soft organic bathrobe is perfect for lounging around the house while sipping your Fair Trade coffee or tea.
- Coyuchi Air Weight™ Towel Set: These organic towels are chic and cozy!
- Boll & Branch Cable Knit Throw: This Cable Knit Throw is soft, eco (organic + non-toxic dyes!) and elegantly beautiful. As a bonus you can use the code COZYMOM to get 25% off at Boll & Branch before Mother’s Day (5/10).
- Just Love Coffee Ethiopian Yirgacheffe: I’m not a coffee drinker myself, but our friends at Fair Trade USA say Yirgacheffe is considered the cream of the crop of East African coffees. It comes from a cooperative of small farmers who use the Fair Trade premium to invest in schools, health clinics and clean water.
- Intensely Moisturizing Nourish Organic Shea Butter: This rich organic shea butter will deeply hydrate and soothe the driest of skin!
- One Dozen Whole Trade Roses: Did you know that just about all of the roses sold in the United States are imported from South America? Well these gorgeous Whole Trade roses ensure that the women who work on flower farms in Ecuador are paid fairly, work in safe conditions, and are given a voice in the workplace. And for every dozen sold, they earn a premium to invest in improving their communities and their lives.
To enter to win, leave a comment telling us about a mom who deserves to be pampered this year. You and your nominated mom will both win the prize!
I will announce the winner on Friday, May 8th
• LIMIT ONE COMMENT PER ENTRY. MULTIPLE COMMENT ENTRIES WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED. (NO INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING, SORRY).
• THIS GIVEAWAY ENDS AT MIDNIGHT PST, THURSDAY 5/7
• AFTER WINNERS ARE ANNOUNCED, ADDITIONAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR CLAIMING YOUR PRIZE WILL BE EMAILED.
• NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS GIVEAWAY.
• VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
RZA of Wu-Tang Clan on why he doesn’t eat animalsFebruary 21st, 2018
Guest Blog: Do You Suffer From Protein Anxiety?February 14th, 2018
Fare Isle’s Creamy Roasted Cauliflower Leek & Chickpea PastaFebruary 12th, 2018
Guest Blog: Horses Need Our HelpFebruary 7th, 2018
Valentine GoodiesFebruary 5th, 2018