ok, SO everything i eat is completely superhero, but when i make my veggies i find myself adding about a tablespoon of earth balance butter to them for extra flavor...is the butter ok to eat everyday if im trying to be more superhero? i know it's processed and as superheroes we are supposed to try and stay as close to nature as possible. What do you guys think? A tablespoon a day too often??? Thanks y'all :)
personally, i would consult the 80/20 rule. you're doing fabulous 80% of the time, you can have a little wiggle room with the other 20%. i also use EB for my veggies and feel no guilt. earth balance was created so we vegans can enjoy the flavors of life.
Why don't you just use olive oil? I don't know if it's okay when you're superhero but it seems to me that olive oil would be healthier than Earth Balance because it's less processed. They even make organic varieties.
Probably nothing wrong with that at all, definitely better than animal butter. But maybe try some dried seasonings or fresh herbs instead? Dried dill pinched with the fingers is great on lots of stuff, lemon pepper, garlic powder, celery seed (good on cabbage), and so on! Get creative! That also helps keep the sodium intake down. Or a squeeze of fresh lemon is delicious on broccoli and asparagus.
I feel as though you are fine... if the bulk of your food is superhero, you are doing great! It is such a small portion of your daily intake of food to really make a difference, or make or break you superhero staus. so when you are 80, gimme a call and we can go play some tennis!! haha (in other words, youll be in great shape! no worries :)