Use this space to share stories, exchange ideas, ask questions, and contribute to our growing community!
My non-vegan husband loves this one and requests it all the time. Sorry for the lack of measurements - I tend to just play around in the kitchen!
- Boil up some soba (buckwheat) noodles
- In a large frying pan, place some sesame or safflower oil and sautee some garlic (a couple cloves at least)*
- Add in a bunch of chopped shitake mushrooms and a whole head of chopped nappa cabbage (it will seem like a lot, but it will really shrink down in the heat!) to the pan
- Toss in the cooked soba noodles and stir it all up well and lower the heat
- In a separate bowl mix some shoyu, wasabi and a bit of sesame oil - enough to make about three table spoons of sauce. Pour it in the frying pan and stir it around.
- Toss in some chopped green onions and some fresh basil ... and then serve immediately!
* Now and again I'll also put in some organic firm tofu (early on, when the garlic is sauteeing). Yum!
sounds yummy Jen!
My daughter would be your husband's perfect child. She loves Soba Noodle stir fry, I will certainly try your recipe.
Login or create an account on The Kind Life today and you'll be able to leave comments, share photos and videos with friends, and participate in community events!