12. No soda (plain sugar, the sparkliness of the drink is acidic) - I mentioned sugar earlier.
13. No coffee (coffee flushes out your minerals, no minerals -> acidity). It is addictive, robs your energy and kisses your minerals goodbye.
14. Lots of clean/filtered or ayurvedically boiled and filtered water! In order to flush out the metabolic toxins that will get loose in your body. Otherwise they get lost/stored in your system again, endangering your health, beauty and youth!
15. Find a list with alkaline foods and have 80% of your food be alkaline!
16. Eat small(er) meals. Make them nutritious with fresh greens, nuts & seeds! So your brain will signal satisfaction!
17. Walk out in nature - fresh air is pure oxygen for your body -> causing alkalinity (forget about dusty gym air)
18. Sun light is good for you. Sunblocks are full of chemicals and god knows if the whole world will have cancer some day because of sunblocks, how ironic! Sun is life and neccessary for your body in order to build vitamin D!!!
19. No, I repeat NO Microwaves. It changes your DNA, the genes you'll pass on to your kids. It kills everything alive in your food! No more nutrients left.
ANY FOOD WITHOUT NUTRIENTS - BE IT PROCESSED CERIAL OR MICROWAVED FOOD OR FAST FOOD - WILL MAKE YOU GAIN WEIGHT, BECAUSE YOUR BODY CANNOT USE THE FOOD IT GETS. SO THE ONLY WAY TO GET RID OF IT IS TO DUMP IT INTO YOUR HOLY CELLS!
PLEASE DO NOT CHOOSE TO BE A DUMPSTER!
20. 80% alkaline foods!Only when it's alkaline is your body able to get rid of the metabolic toxins (cellulite, pimples,etc.) = weight loss!- greens, salads, wild herbs (they're for free, go pick them)- green smoothies (the fiber has been broken down through the blending process, so your body can absorb the food better)
21. Chew your drinks & drink your chow! Enzymes are important for digestion! The more enzymes your food contains, the better you digest it. Only raw foods (greens, fruit, dried raw nuts, seeds & fruit) can contain enzymes as they are not heat-resistant! No matter whether your food is raw, cooked or liquid, etc. chew it well. There is a very important enzyme in your spit that secures proper digestion!
22. Eat no later than 6pmGive your body, your stomach and your pancreas a break. Stop eating at least 3 hours before going to bed.
23. And go to bed before midnight. Sleep from 10pm to 6am. That'd be perfect! Enough sleep is cricital for good health!
WHY ALKALINE? Our blood needs to be constantly alkaline in order to keep us alive! Minerals create alkalinity. So if you do not give your body alkaline foods (minerals & oxygen) your smart body will start helping itself to make our blood alkaline stealing from the body's precious mineral deposits. Where are the biggest mineral deposits in your body? You guessed it: your bones and teeth. So "goodbye" strong bones and teeth and "hello" osteoporosis & dentist!
If this seems overwhelming, take one step at a time! Make it your new hobbie!: finding out about so many things (foods, nature, animals, industry, spirituality, nutrition) on an amazing journey to YOURSELF! Go crazy girl!
If you feel you need support I'd love to offer you coaching via Skype, phone or e-mail!Inspiration & Creativity!Andrea
Andrea I love the information that you have offered us and would love to learn more:) I would also be interested in some of your recipes if you have any favs. I've read lots on what you have said and would like to discus a few things with you and get you views and opinions on some things.
@ sarah m: i wanted to post it here so people would really read it. how often does one share a link and no one cares cuz they do not know what they'd be missing ;) and it does not hurt anyone, does it? :)
@ healthnut: you can email me. find my contact info on my website
I read Alicia's book about a year ago. It made so much sense and awakened me to how I was supposed to be eating. (Thank you Alicia!) Without a single bit of effort (seriously!), lbs melted off within a week. I was shocked. BUT...now, for some reason, I'm gaining weight. I slip off the vegan track, and maybe more often now than I used to (mostly with seafood), but I can't get my slimness back. It seems like I'm getting back to my old pudgy self. Any help would be very much appreciated!!!