Come join us on August 13th in celebrating the new photo exhibit "We Animals: Stories of Love and Liberation" in Toronto this Saturday Aug 13th from 1-10pm!
... About the exhibit:
Jo-Anne has spent years documenting animal-related industries and taking part in investigations of animal abuse worldwide. She has also documented stories of rescue and the deep bonds between humans and non-humans. Through photos and text, "We Animals: Stories of Love and Liberation" celebrates stories of compassion, rescue and sanctuary, as well as the animals themselves. The exhibit will take you on a global tour to places such as:
* Cambodia, Vietnam and Laos, where Free the Bears and the Animals Asia Foundation have rescued Asiatic black bears from the slavery of bear bile farms.
* United States, where chimpanzees are given retirement from the medical research industry through the amazing group "Save the Chimps" and where food animals are provided a safe haven at Farm Sanctuary.
* Canada, where the SPCA rescues dogs from puppy mills.
* Uganda and Cameroon, where the Budongo Forest Reserve, the Jane Goodall Institute and Ape Action Africa work to end the bush meat trade and primates are given refuge at jungle sanctuaries.
* England, where hunt saboteurs put themselves between the bourgeois and the foxes their dogs are trained to kill.
* The Antarctic ocean, where the front-line activists of the Sea Shepherd Conservation Society risk their lives to patrol the southern ocean and defend Minke whales.
* Spain, where Igualdad Animal activists free layer hens from factory farms.