Hey! I'm taking a trip to Laguna beach with a friend. It's my first time traveling as a vegan so any tips on what to pack would be helpful!! It's a five hour plane ride and we're there for a week :) I leave TOMORROW! Excited and alittle nervous!
Don't know if you have already, but the most important thing I find when I'm travelling is not so much what to bring, but what to research! Make sure you'll have no trouble finding delish stuff to eat by searching for restaurants and cafes in the area that will have vegan options.
I agree with mary! Doing research is key for once you get there. Finding vegan restaurants or vegan friendly restaurants is definitely helpful so you'll know where to go once you get there. As far as packing for the flights/airport/etc. there are lots of things that you can bring that are healthy and easy. Larabars are one of my favorite things to pack because they are all natural, vegan, raw and delicious. Nuts and seeds/trail mixes, fruit, veggies, hummus, a sandwich, instant oatmeal (I'm sure someone would give you hot water in a cup?), soy crisps. Lots of options!
1. Call your hotel and see if you have a fridge. This is always helpful as a traveling vegan. You can then hit up a grocer when you get there. There is a Whole Foods in Laguna Beach where you can stock up of fresh fruits and other fresh snacks.
2. Do research on local restaurants. I know there are a few in that area that have great options!
3. Things to pack on the plane: I always make sure to have enough for the trip and then an extra few servings of food in case I can't access something when I arrive and am tired. Some of the things that were in my bag this weekend when I went to Alaska for work:
* Sunflower seeds in shell (takes awhile to eat)
* Peeled Snacks (dried fruit)
* Homemade energy bars with hemp, flax, sunflower seeds, oatmeal, peanut butter
* One primal strip (my emergency shelf stable protein that I rarely actually eat)
* The Good Bean (garbanzo bean snack.. FABULOUS for travel)
* Fresh apple slices
* Homemade farro salad
Join the Discussion!
Login or create an account on The Kind Life today and you'll be able to leave comments, share photos and videos with friends, and participate in community events!