I've used Mama Rosie's potato gnocchi before (frozen section). It uses cornmeal, so it's not quite the same, but for the occasional gnocchi craving it's fine. That's the only brand I could find, but if there are others I'd love to know too!
I have once posted a delicious gnocchi receipe here! I am going to try to find it! I am always making my gnocchi with pumpkin and potatoes, sooooo yummy! Last time, I even tried them with sweet potato, to die for!
- 600g potatoes (but I use sweet potatoes or a combo of hokaido pumpkin and potato - go wild!! ;)) (if you use pumpkin, cut it in 8 pieces, put the pumpkin in the oven until the inner part is soft)
- 1 Tbsp vegan Margerine
- 175 g semolina
- nutmeg, salt, pepper
1. Peel the potatoes, then cook them in water until soft
2. put all the ingredients in a bowl, mix.
3. Attention, difficult part: Heat up saltwater in a big pot until it boils. Prepare several plates
4. Put the stove on a lower temperature (the water has to be just before boiling, so NO BUBBLES)
5. With a teaspoon, make little gnocchi and put them in the water. They will sink.
6. When the gnocchi are coming up to the surface, take them out.
7. The gnocchi will be very sticky, so I always put them on plates with a few inches apart and leave them there to dry. Then you can also freeze them without them sticking together.
I LOVE them with pesto or (vegan) sage-butter and spicy tomato-sauce but you can also eat them with apple sauce and cinnamon and they are sooooooooo yummy!
Join the Discussion!
Login or create an account on The Kind Life today and you'll be able to leave comments, share photos and videos with friends, and participate in community events!