Hi everyone. I have had or been around cats all my life and found some ways to calm them or keep them happy that might be helpful. I have moved cats from England to the USA, and had cats going through stressors and found some ways to help.
1. Mozart. May sound funny but I played Mozart when my cat was ill, and for another cat when stressed and it really seemed to calm them down. Me too.
2. Put a bit of food/treat on their foot. Just a little, and they lick it off, but the act of licking/cleaning sometimes just gets them to have a bit of a bath and I think this is calming to them.
3. Use eco/natural pet wipes (if you think it's appropritate) and gently give them a little wash, just a bit on their back or top of head or anywhere they cant reach well due to age or illness or even if they are stressed. I found it made my cats happier. Just try a tiny place first to check for sensitivity. It worked well for me.
4. Nature sounds like a stream or birds.
5. Singing or doing a housekeeping task. It made my cat happy, I think maybe because it seemed more normal- maybe I seemed less stressed which made her less stressed.
6. Throw a towel in the dryer, cool just a bit then put near your cat. They love it so much, you don't have to do a whole load of laundry.
I just thought some of these ideas may help. =)
Join the Discussion!
Login or create an account on The Kind Life today and you'll be able to leave comments, share photos and videos with friends, and participate in community events!