Black Bean Cakes With Guacamole
This is a delicious recipe which I found in a cookbook. The original included eggs, so I’ve switched that out to using olive oil. It makes it just as moist and yummy.
10 min cook | 4 servings | 20 min prep
- Avocado 1 na
- Lime Juice 1 tbsp
- Salt 1 pinch
- Pepper 1 pinch
- Bread Crumbs 0.25 cup
- Fresh Chopped Garlic 0.25 cup
- Cumin 1 tsp
- Olive Oil 3 tsp
- Chopped Tomato 0.25 cup
- 1 Can of Black Beans 15 ounce
- For guacamole
- in a small bowl mash avocado. Stir in lime juice; season to taste with the salt & pepper. Cover and put in fridge until ready to use.
- & rinse can of black beans. Put into bowl with bread crumbs
- and olive oil.
- Mix by hand (or you can use either a food processor or potato masher) until all ingredients are well blended.
- Add a little olive oil to a nonstick or stainless steel pan. Form bean mixture into 4 or 5 patties; about 1/2 inch thickness.
- Turn heat on medium to high and when oil is hot
- add the patties. Cook 5 minutes both sides until they are heated through and are browned.
- To serve; top the patties with the guacamole from fridge and the chopped tomato.