cheesy, oozy guacamole bean dip
I first had this at a party about 10 years ago. That recipe was my inspiration for this healthier version.We like to make this for football games. My husband Christopher is a huge Cleveland Browns fan. They never really win, but he always roots for them. He dresses our pit-bull in a Brown’s shirt during the games! Super cute.Reminder: this recipe doesn’t belong in the superhero family, but it’s loads better than what you usually find in party dips. When I was on The View recently, the ladies loved it. Bottom line – this dip is clean, dirty fun….
30 min cook | 8 servings | 20 min prep
- 1 16-ounce can of refried beans
- 3 large avocados
- 3 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 8-ounce containers non-dairy sour cream
- packet taco seasoning (I use Bearitos
- but if you are avoiding all white sugar
- make your own mix with chili powder
- ground cumin
- onion powder
- hot paprika or cayenne and salt
- 0.5 cup diced mild green chiles and drained sliced black olives
- 5 tomatoes chopped
- 2 cups shredded vegan Cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Spread a layer of refried beans in the bottom of an 8 inch by 8 inch quart glass baking dish.
- Pit and peel the avocados and place in a bowl.
- Mash the avocados together with the lime juice and spread on top of the refried beans.
- Stir together the sour cream and taco seasoning and spread over the avocado.
- Sprinkle the chiles over the sour cream and top with a layer of black olives.
- Add the tomatoes and sprinkle with the cheese.
- Heat the dip for 15-30 minutes or until heated through and the cheese is a bit melted.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.