Chef Dwight’s Oven Roasted Stuffed Tomatoes
I was just in Shreveport, Louisiana working on a film. There is a great head chef, Chef Dwight, at the Hilton there who has been insanely helpful in making me delicious food. He made a stuffed tomato dish with rice, mushrooms, asparagus, saffron, zucchini, and spinach the first night I was there. He is very kind and helpful. If you live nearby, I highly recommend going to the Hilton to eat.
15 min cook | 2 servings | 15 min prep
- 4 large tomatoes (slice off the tops of the tomatoes and scoop out the insides for stuffing)
- 3 cups cooked orzo pasta
- 1 cup fresh blanch broccoli flower
- 1 cup sliced blanch carrots
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 2 cups green beans (cut in half)
- 1 tsp salt
- .5 tsp black pepper
- Heat the stock in a sauce pot.
- Add in the broccoli carrots green beans and salt and pepper.
- Let this simmer over low heat for 3 minutes.
- Then add the orzo pasta and mix them well together over low heat for 8 minutes.
- Take the pot off of the heat and fold in the spinach.
- Stuff each tomato with the mixture.
- Place on a sheet pan and bake in the oven for 350 degrees F for 12 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy! (Dwight serves this dish garnished with sliced cucumber and freshly chopped parsley
- but you can garnish yours any way you like.)