Chocolate Oatmeal Drops
I hate to call these cookies since they are not crunchy or very cookie like. The consistency is more like that of an oat cake, or a macaroon.I Use mashed banana instead of eggs and I use organic honey but feel free to use any syrup. In the last step you can go crazy and put whatever you want in like nuts choco chips, unsweetened coconut etc.These are great as a sweet treat, and are also filling
10 min cook | 12 servings | 15 min prep
- unsweetened applesauce 0.5 cup
- organic brown sugar (or any granular sweetener) 0.5 cup
- of mashed ripe banana (or egg replacement for 1 egg) 0.5 cup
- Vanilla extract 1 tsp
- Honey (or any sweet syrup) 1 tbsp
- Olive Oil 1 tbsp
- Whole Wheat flour 1 cup
- Rolled oats 1.5 cup
- Baking Powder 0.5 tsp
- Baking Soda 0.5 tsp
- Salt 0.5 tsp
- Chocolate chips 0.25 cup
- raisins (optional) 0.25 cup
- coconut (optional) 0.25 cup
- almond slivers (optional) 0.25 cup
- Cream together sugar and applesauce
- Whip in banana vanilla honey and olive oil.
- In separate bowl add together dry ingredients before the chocolate chips.
- Mix together dry and wet ingredients
- then add extras.
- drop on cookie sheet with a tablespoon.
- cook at 350 for 10-12 minutes.