I make my own vegan organic granola bars! I think they are better than any at the store, and they don’t have any weird stuff in them! You can change it up by using any kind of nuts you like, adding dried fruit, or chocolate chips…
40 min cook | 12 servings | 5 min prep
- rolled oats 2 cup
- sunflower seeds 0.5 cup
- shredded coconut 0.5 cup
- sliced almonds 0.5 cup
- ground flaxseed meal 0.333333 cup
- sesame seeds 0.25 cup
- vegetable oil 0.25 cup
- almond butter 1 cup
- light brown sugar 0.5 cup
- maple syrup 0.25 cup
- vanilla extract 1 tsp
- ground cinnamon 0.5 tsp
- sea salt 0.25 tsp
- non-stick cooking spray 1 na
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix first 6 dry ingredients in a 9X13 pan and toast in the oven for 15 minutes
- stirring every 5 minutes.
- While dry ingredients are toasting
- mix next 7 ingredients in a large saucepan over medium low heat.
- Once sugar is melted and dry ingredients are toasted
- take the saucepan off the burner and add the dry ingredients to the saucepan. Mix well.
- Turn the oven temperature down to 300 degrees
- and spray the 9X13 pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Empty the contents of the saucepan into the 9X13 pan
- spread evenly
- and press flat with the back of a spatula.
- Bake at 300 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes
- then cut into 12 servings with a metal spatula.
- Allow to cool completely
- then enjoy!
Quick ‘N’ Easy Hot CocoaFebruary 4th, 2013
Chocolate-Covered StrawberriesFebruary 4th, 2013
Seitan in a Balsamic-Wine ReductionFebruary 4th, 2013
Cauliflower Buffalo WingsJanuary 15th, 2013
Vegan Fudge (Chocolate)September 29th, 2012