holiday baking & tevia’s chocolate peppermint cookies
One of my favorite success stories is from our community member, Tevia. She was also featured in my book. Tevia is an amazing superhero and was able to cure her MS symptoms through diet! She is a hardcore athlete and a super sweet soul. I love her!Tevia’s plunge into the superhero lifestyle wasn’t always easy for her either because of a persistent sweet tooth. I think a lot of you can probably relate to that too. But she took her new-found knowledge of cooking and eating kinder and began a vegan baking business called The Lil’ Vegan Baker That Could. Her Peanut Butter Truffles and Peppermint Cookies (I didn’t even think I liked Peppermint before trying these) are so freakin’ good! It’s insane how tasty they are! So if you live in LA, you must try her treats. And if you aren’t in LA, you are in luck! Tevia was sweet enough to give me the recipe for her amazing Chocolate Peppermint Glazed Cookies. Enjoy!If you know anyone with MS, send them a link to The Kind Life and have them connect with Tevia through her profile, because she is the best!
20 min cook | 12 servings | 20 min prep
- Sugar Free
- of unbleached flour 2.5 cup
- of unsweetened vegan cocoa 0.333333 cup
- baking soda 1 tsp
- salt 1 tsp
- vegan margarine 1 cup
- of coconut palm sugar 1.5 cup
- unsweetened plain soy milk 0.333333 cup
- pure vanilla extract 1 tsp
- pure peppermint extract 2 tsp
- maple syrup 0.5 cup
- cocoa 0.5 cup
- water 0.25 cup
- apple cider vinegar 0.25 tsp
- salt 0.125 tsp
- vanilla 2 tsp
- peppermint 1 tsp
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Whisk the dry ingredients together in a small mixing bowl.
- Blend the wet ingredients together in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture to form the cookie dough.
- Make 2 inch balls and bake them on an ungreased cookie sheet for 7-9 minutes.
- Let them cool on a wire rack
- while you prepare the glaze.
- To make the glaze
- combine the maple syrup
- apple cider vinegar
- cocoa and water in a small saucepan.
- Bring it to a bubble over medium heat.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla and peppermint extract.
- Drizzle over the cooled cookies while it
- Quickly sprinkle them with vegan crushed peppermints.
- Allow the cookies to sit for 5 - 10 minutes until the frosting solidifies.