monica’s thumbprint cookies
I have to share these cookies with you! They are so delicious and yummy. The understudy in the play that I’m in right now is this great girl named Monica McCarthy. She was also my understudy when I did this play in Los Angeles, and we would always share food. I would bring in tons of food, because I was testing recipes for The Kind Diet, and she always loved everything! I basically fed her yummy vegan food for 3 months. After that, she and her boyfriend became vegan! Her boyfriend’s arthritis has been cured, and she is now becoming a nutritional counselor. How awesome is that!She brought these cookies to work yesterday… They are a recipe from a cooking class that she is taking. They were soooo good that I HAD to get the recipe for all of you! Let me know how you like them!
15 min cook | 10 servings | 15 min prep
- rolled oats 1 cup
- almonds 1 cup
- spelt flour 1 cup
- corn or safflower oil 0.5 cup
- maple syrup 0.25 cup
- brown rice syrup 0.25 cup
- jar of Fruit-sweetened jam of your choice 1 na
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine the oats and almonds in a blender or food processor and blend until they have the consistency of flour.
- Pour into a large bowl
- and add the spelt flour.
- In a small
- separate bowl
- mix the oil
- maple and brown rice syrup together.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients and mix well.%u2028
- Make 1 inch balls with your hands and press flat onto a cookie sheet.
- Make an indentation with your thumb into the center of each cookie.%u2028
- Fill each cookie with a teaspoon of jam.%u2028
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Cool and enjoy!