Quick & Easy Green Bean Casserole
I made this for Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner 2011. The whole family loved it and I’m the only vegan in the family!I used cut green beans and didn’t add the nutrional yeast.The sauce is like a gravy and is super yummy. I made some extra and put it on my baked tofu.Also, I think it makes about 8 servings. That was how many people ate it and we didn’t have any leftovers!Hope you enjoy!
20 min cook | 8 servings | 10 min prep
- vegan margarine 0.25 cup
- flour 0.25 cup
- vegetable broth 1.5 cup
- soy sauce 1 tsp
- garlic powder 0.5 tsp
- onion powder 1 tsp
- vegetable oil 2 tsp
- nutrional yeast (optional) 0.25 cup
- green beans 28 ounce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small saucepan
- melt the margarine and add the flour.
- Add the vegetable broth
- soy sauce
- garlic and onion powders. Stir frequently
- until the sauce thickens.
- Whisk in the vegetable oil and nutrional yeast
- if using.
- Toss the sauce and green beans together in a casserole dish. Bake for 20 minutes.
Quick ‘N’ Easy Hot CocoaFebruary 4th, 2013
Chocolate-Covered StrawberriesFebruary 4th, 2013
Seitan in a Balsamic-Wine ReductionFebruary 4th, 2013
Cauliflower Buffalo WingsJanuary 15th, 2013
Vegan Fudge (Chocolate)September 29th, 2012