Red Cabbage, Apple, and Carrot Slaw with Ginger
The night before my birthday, my husband and I went to our friend Leisha and Nina’s house for a wonderful family dinner. Even their dog Hero (pictured above) joined us. Leisha made Quinoa Couscous, Red Cabbage, Apple, Carrot and Ginger slaw as well as this amazing thick Beet Soup. Everything was so insanely yummy! Definitely Superhero fare. So I just wanted to give a big thank you to Leisha and Nina for having us over, and share with everyone just how easy it is to make some really delicious superhero recipes. Hope you enjoy as much as I did!
15 min cook | 4 servings | 15 min prep
- red cabbage (thin slices) 3 cup
- carrots (peel and slice thin) 6 na
- granny smith apple (thinly sliced) 1 na
- sesame seeds 0.25 cup
- peeled and sliced fresh ginger 0.5 cup
- white wine vinegar 0.25 cup
- vegetable oil 0.75 cup
- Use a food processor to chop the cabbage
- carrots and apple Julienne style.
- In a frying pan
- toast the sesame seeds on medium heat until they pop.
- Toss all of this together.
- In a blender
- combine the ginger and vinegar.
- Put in a bowl and add the oil.
- Add this to the cabbage
- carrots and apples evenly.
- Top with sesame seeds.
- Salt and pepper to taste.