Seitan in a Balsamic-Wine Reduction
A quick and easy seitan dinner option with delicious results!
10 min cook | 2 servings | 5 min prep
- cut into small slices (about 1/4" thick) 8 ounce
- red wine 0.25 cup
- balsamic vinegar 0.25 cup
- fresh thyme (optional) 0.125 tsp
- dried rosemary 0.125 tsp
- dried thyme 0.125 tsp
- freshly ground pepper and salt
- to taste 1 pinch
- Place the red wine and balsamic vinegar in a medium-size saute pan or sauce and heat them slowly.
- Raise the temperature to medium
- add the seitan and herbs
- and cover. (The sauce should be bubbling steadily.)
- Cook the seitan for about four minutes on each side
- it should begin to brown lightly.
- For more on this recipe
- and others visit: http://www.littleveganeats.com/2012/12/delicious-seitan-in-balsamic-wine.html