This combination of sweet rice, sweet potatoes, and beans is super easy and delicious! The sticky consistency of the rice makes the dish especially rich and good. The beans turn out even better than sugary, canned baked beans and are much healthier because they aren’t sweetened with white sugar. The measurements given are just estimates–I tend to use “spoonfuls” rather than “tablespoons.” Add as much or little of each component as you like. I use equal parts beans, rice, and sweet potatoes, but the amount varies depending on how many servings I want. Enjoy!
60 min cook | 6 servings | 60 min prep
- Sweet Potatoes 2 na
- Cooked Sweet Brown Rice 2 cup
- Cooked Lima Beans (or beans of choice) 2 cup
- Olive Oil 2 tbsp
- Barley Malt 4 tbsp
- Sea Salt 1 pinch
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Pour olive oil into baking dish.
- Cut sweet potatoes into slices
- or however you like to cut them
- and add to dish.
- Add cooked beans to dish.
- Drizzle sweet potatoes and beans with two spoonfuls of barley malt.
- Top with a pinch of sea salt.
- In a separate baking dish
- combine cooked sweet rice and two spoonfuls of barley malt.
- Bake for one hour
- or until sweet potatoes are done
- stirring every 15 minutes or so to make sure the sweet potatoes and beans are getting covered in the oil/barley malt liquid so they don
- Note: the rice can be combined with the sweet potatoes and beans while baking
- if you wish.