twice baked garlic potatoes
So yummy and so filling! About 300 calories per serving- my husband LOVES when I make these!
70 min cook | 2 servings | 15 min prep
- russet potatoes 2 na
- onion 1 na
- garlic cloves 2 na
- olive oil 2 tbsp
- salt & pepper to taste 1 na
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Throughly wash potatoes and dry. Poke each potato several times with a fork
- brush both potatoes with 1/2 T. olive oil
- then sprinkle with salt. Cook for one hour in oven.
- Chop up onion and garlic
- sautee over medium heat until golden
- set aside.
- Once potatoes are crispy on the outside
- take them out of the oven (may need to let cool for 5 minutes). Be careful
- and cut each potato lengthwise
- scooping out the insides
- leaving just the skins.
- Combine potato scoopings and onion and garlic in a bowl and mash up together. [Note: I prefer to use a food processor to make the smoothest mashed potatoes.]
- Scoop combined mixture back into potato skins and cook for an additional ten minutes.
- Let cool five to ten minutes then enjoy!