Vegan Fudge (Chocolate)
Easy (Vegan) FudgeWhen I was a kid, my mother used to buy 4-minute Fudge — it was in a box from McCain or Sherriff, I do not remember, but it was discontinued about 25 years ago. It had a little plastic cooling tray and a Packet of mixture that you just heated up with milk and poured in the tray. We waited and waited for it to harden and then devoured it.Thinking back to that years ago, I wondered if I could recreate the fudge with the hitch that, it needed to be made with vegan ingredients or it was a no-go. I found some on the internet and began to make it every now and then. YUMMY
2 min cook | 20 servings | 10 min prep
- vegan margarine 6 tbsp
- confectioners' sugar 3.5 cup
- sifted cocoa powder 0.5 cup
- vanilla extract 1 tsp
- soy milk (or rice
- almond) 0.25 cup
- Lightly grease a 5x9-inch loaf pan using a little of the margarine(or an ultra-thin candy mold plastic tray best).
- Place the remaining margarine
- vanilla and soy milk in a heatproof mixing bowl or the upper part of a double boiler (We hold a small pot in a large pot of water).
- Place the bowl or boiler over simmering water and keep stirring until smooth.
- Pour the mixture quickly into the prepared pan. Chill thoroughly and cut into squares.
- P.S. after pouring into tray
- use spoon to scrape the pot for a delicious warm spoonful of unhardened fudge !!