The holidays are here again, and if you’re like me, it can all be overwhelming. Mostly in good ways, of course, but also—all the busy-ness of the season, especially the gift-giving. I’ve pulled together some suggestions, from meaningful gift ideas to products I’ve personally tried, tested, and love. And for the person on your list who insists they don’t need anything (good for them!), why not consider a donation to a nonprofit organization doing meaningful work for others? You can read about charities I love, here.
Meaningful Gifting Ideas:
- Bake assorted desserts (from my book or any other vegan recipe book) and gift them in boxes or decorative jars. Be sure to include the recipes (printed on recycled paper of course), so your friends and loved ones can recreate the kind treats.
- Pay the donation fee to an animal shelter or rescue group for your giftee to adopt an animal of their choice (when they are ready to adopt, of course!).
- A package of online or IRL yoga classes to a favorite studio
- A package of life-altering health supplements from Mykind, for beginners or health pros
- Hand make caramels and package them in vintage jars (be sure to send me some! My favorites!)
- A Gift Certificate to The RealReal for stunning, eco-friendly gently used high-end fashion
Sustainable Gifts for Her
1. Kooshoo Organic cotton hair ties and scrunchies
These hair ties are made with biodegradable rubber. Perfect for anyone with hair—kids (AND ME!) especially love these because they don’t tangle like regular hair bands.
Or try the scrunchies. Also Fair Trade, organic and biodegradable. Another great hair product.
2. Idle’s Robes
Super soft, cool to the touch, and sustainable. Made with plant-based and sustainably sourced fibers cupro and tencel. Sexy, yet comfortable! I love mine.
Or try the “Short Robe” from Idle in Mauve ZigZag
3. Cowichan Rose Perfume from Wild Coast Perfumery
A gorgeous, handcrafted scent for the fragrance lovers on your list. Natural, handmade and bottled on Vancouver Island. These clean fragrances contain a blend of more than 20 essential oils, absolutes, and resins.
4. French Girl Organics Lip Tints
Now that masks are somewhat off, lip color is back. These clean lip tints are a perfect stocking stuffer for the lip product lover.
5. Everlane Renew Teddy Bomber
How cozy does this little bomber jacket made from recycled polyester look?
6. Alohas vegan leather booties
These chic vegan booties from Alohas are adorable. I have a pair and I love them. I can’t stop wearing them!
7. Spiritual Gangster “Intent” Eco Jersey High Waisted Leggings
For your workout-obsessed friend these are made from recycled polyester. This specialty fabric is quick-drying, moisture-wicking, anti-odor, and offers a compressive 4-way stretch for unrestricted movement.
8. Etnia Barcelona sunglasses
These chic sunnies come from sustainable brand Etnia Barcelona.
9. 100% pure, Pretty Naked Palette
A pretty blush/eyeshadow palette made from fruit pigments and clean ingredients. Great for young girls on your list, too.
10. Miomojo Backpack
High quality, thick nylon, partly recycled from fishing nets, fabric scraps, and industrial plastic. Love this for traveling! I love mine.
11. Splendid Eco Fleece cropped pant + Eco Fleece Bubble Sleeve Sweatshirt
Comfy basics, made eco! You’ll want to gift this to yourself, too.
12. Éminence Facial Recovery Oil
One of my favorite makeup artists, Kerrie Urban, swears by this face oil. It’s the perfect gift for the beauty lover on your list or those hard to shop for. SHE SAYS No one can resist the magic of this oil.
13. Frida Rome bag
For the fashionista, this respectfully made bag comes from cactus leather. It’s a fully deconstructable stunner, and all bags are made to order.
14. Christy Dawn dress
This gorgeous dress from Christy Dawn is made from deadstock materials. I absolutely love the dresses from Christy Dawn and the shop on Abbott Kinney is a must visit when you’re in LA.
15. Sylven New York Sneaker
A stylish sneaker from vegan designer Sylven New York, this shoe is made from apple leather. Natural sole made from lactae hevea, and a coconut husk insole.
16. Lunar Method jewelry organizer
For the travel addict: a travel jewelry organizer from Lunar Method.
Made from cactus leather, and handmade one-of-a-kind interiors.
17. Sylth Virago Penelope Vegan Leather Boots
The best tall, vegan leather boots for the boot lover on your list. These are made from vegan leather and include a biodegradable sole.
18. Stella McCartney vegan leather wallet
A chic wallet from the one and only sustainable design guru, Stella McCartney.
19. BKR Little James Kiss Kit
A pretty glass water bottle with a cute vegan lip balm right in the cap? That’s a genius gift.
20. Magic Hour Tea
Yummy tea in a gorgeous glass jar. Made with goji berry, peach, and oolong. This will bring oohs and aahs.
21. Sunrise Bliss hair towel
A cute and organic cotton hair towel to help dry your hair faster. This is the gift everyone needs.
22. People of Leisure Vintage Tee
How fun are the vintage-style tees from People of Leisure? These cute tees are sustainable, too, and will bring a smile to the tee lovers on your list.
23. Whimsy + Row Dress
Dance the night away in this fun eco dress made from renewable Ecovera Viscose from Forest Stewardship Council certified trees.
24. Corpus Body Wash and Deodorant
The loveliest of scents and sustainability initiatives, Corpus creates gorgeous body washes and deodorants that actually work but without all the chemical nasties.
25. PE Nation ski pants
How about a fun colorful ski suit made from Recycled Nylon?
26. Coyuchi Organic Cotton Slippers
Give the gift of coziness—it’s a gift that keeps on giving. Every woman on your list will love sliding into these on Christmas morning and any every morning after that.
27. Brilliant Earth Diamond Pendant
Made from recycled metal and ethically sourced diamonds, this is the perfect gift for the jewelry lovers on your list.
28. Bambu Earth toner and moisturizer
Clean skincare brand Bambu Earth makes a lovely toner and moisturizer.
29. Save the Duck Winter Boots
How warm do these look? I love the brand’s jackets and these boots are making me excited, too.