My Mean Smoothie…
I make this smoothie when there isn’t much food around in the house… Or when I just feel like drinking it! I use both fresh and frozen strawberries. The other day Christopher and I were walking, and went to our neighbor’s house. Our neighbor, the fabulous Liz Carey, handed me some strawberries .. So we came home and used them to make this smoothie. We also used some frozen strawberries, to give it the slushy effect.
- About 6 of the ripe strawberries Liz gave us (we froze the rest)
- About 4 frozen strawberries
- A few drops of Stevia (put it 2-4 drops first to taste, because it can get too sweet if you’re not careful. If you don’t have Stevia, you can use 1 teaspoon of Maple Syrup instead)
- 1 cup Vanilla Hemp Milk (use more than 1 cup if the berries won’t blend)
- 2 cinnamon sticks, for crunch and flavor
- A few almonds (optional)
That’s it! It was delicious.
What do you put in your favorite smoothie?
Fare Isle’s Creamy Roasted Cauliflower Leek & Chickpea PastaFebruary 12th, 2018
Raw ‘Oreos’ from The Colorful KitchenJanuary 31st, 2018
My Quest for Healthier Chewing GumDecember 4th, 2017
Sachi’s Hot & Sour Soup, superhero style!October 18th, 2017
Los Angeles RestaurantsOctober 5th, 2017