Sheri is a very nice woman who was helping to cook for me sometimes when I was in Detroit shooting Vamps. Sheri does tons of rescue work and is getting married any day now. Here is a recipe for a lemon mousse that she invented. Very nice!
Serves 6-8 with 5-6 oz. serving size or 10 with a 4 oz. serving size
- 1 T. agar
- 2 1/2 c. almond milk
- 1 c. coconut milk
- pinch sea salt
- 1 t. kuzu
- 7 1/2 T. fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 t. turmeric
- 2 T. coconut oil
- 1 1/4 c. grade a maple syrup (lighter in color)
- 1 T. fresh lemon zest
- 1/2 vanilla bean (scrape seeds out of 1/2 bean)
- In a small bowl, combine kuzu, lemon juice and turmeric, whisking to combine, then set aside.
- In a small saute pan, melt coconut oil. Then add in maple syrup, lemon zest, and 1/2 vanilla bean, scraping the pod into the liquid. Simmer for 5 mins., then set aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine agar, almond milk, and a pinch of salt over low to medium heat, whisking frequently until agar is dissolved (this could be 15-30 mins.). Whisk in coconut milk & kuzu mixture, and cook over low heat for 2-3 mins.
- Remove from heat & fold in maple syrup mixture, stirring to combine.
- Pour into ramekins and chill 1-2 hours or until well-set.