Eco Resolutions for the New School Year
When I posted my EcoTools back to school giveaway, I asked you to share how you plan to make this year your most eco-friendly school year yet. I was so excited by all of your answers!
Here are your top 25 eco resolutions for the new school year: good work people!!!
- Pack 100% reusable lunches by using eco-friendly, washable, resusable lunchbags, thermoses, and snack containers instead of plastic baggies and disposable lunchbags
- Go out to eat less
- Take on a leadership role in your fave enviro org
- Walk or bike to school instead of driving
- Share vegan snacks with classmates
- Plant a winter garden
- Take public transportation
- Start composting
- Teach kids to cook kind foods
- Host monthly clothing swap & potluck party
- Craft with recyclables
- Purchase tree friendly binders and notebooks
- Use scrap paper to take notes instead of fresh sheets
- Go completely paperless
- Volunteer at a no-kill animal shelter
- Give away unused or old items on FreeCycle.org
- Buy back to school clothes at consignment shops instead of brand new
- Make DIY household cleaning products and beauty products, for example, clean with vinegar and baking soda instead of going out and buying a bottle of household cleaner, or make your own lotion out of shea butter and essential oils instead of going out and buying lotion
- Stop buying bottled water and soda and carry a reusable water bottle instead
- Learn to cook a few new veg dishes
- Plan to sponsor a turkey at an animal sanctuary for Thanksgiving
- Make eco-friendly Christmas presents
- Use only reusable grocery bags
- Rent books instead of buying (if you want to buy used, that’s a good option too, but checking out books from the library is the most awesome, of course!)
- Go vegan!
I can’t wait to hear how this year has been going for you! What have you done to kind your school year so far?