9 Ways to Help your Companion Animals Go Green
You may not realize how much waste pet products can create, but with a few simple tricks and tips, you can help your pet go green.
Side Note: This photo is of the great, legendary (to me) Sampson. He was my best friend and boyfriend for years. We met when I was 17 and he passed away about 4 years ago. Look at that face! He was amazing. This was towards the end of his life… I’ll talk more about him one day. One special man, I tell you!!
2. Use all natural and ECO friendly shampoos and grooming products.
3. Use all natural kitty litters like wheat litter products.
4. Recycle your pets’ products… old beds, crates, brushes, bowls and toys make great donations to animal shelters.
5. Grow your own veggies and fruits. A lot of our furry friends eat fruits and veggies…why not grow your own? Then you’ll be sure there are no pesticides or dangerous chemicals in their food or yours.
6. Adopt, don’t shop for animals. Shelters and rescues have just about any pet you can think of available for adoption.
7. Be sure to spay or neuter all of your companion animals.
8. Buy environmentally friendly pet toys and products.
9. Pick up after your dog! Use an old newspaper or a leaf if you can. Or if neither of those are available, a second choice would be a compostable poop bag. It is so important that you don’t use extra plastic bags for this! You might think it’s a good thing, because you’re reusing (which is important to do, but it’s better if you just use reusable bags in the first place), but when you put the poop inside the plastic bag, you are preventing it from breaking down in the landfill (just like the bag). It’ll just sit inside the bag in the landfill forever… no bueno!
What are some other ways to help your pet go green? Share your tips and tricks in the comments below.