Sanae Suzuki’s Happy Healthy Pooch
I am happy to help spread the word about Sanae Suzuki’s book, Happy Healthy Pooch. Sanae is a very sweet lady who does so much good in the world! She makes nourishing macrobiotic food, you can find many healing recipes in her cookbook Love, Sanae.
Because of her great health and cooking knowledge, her dogs are the luckiest dogs in the world. If you are looking to give your dog(s) the healthiest food out there, check out her book Happy Healthy Pooch! Happy Healthy Pooch includes over 50 homemade dog food recipes, as well as tips on everything from supplements, to what kind food and household items to avoid, to flea shampoo. When I have dogs again, I will use this book as a reference
Today she is sharing one of the dog biscuit recipes from her book. Thank you Sanae!
Sweet Potato Cookies
by Sanae Suzuki
These cookies are very easy to make and delicious; I even like eating them along with my dogs.
Makes 70 cookies
(using 2 1/4 inch x 1 inch cookie cutter)
- 1 organic sweet potato (12 oz.)
- 1/4 cup organic unsweetened applesauce
- 2 1/2 cups organic whole-wheat flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Peel sweet potato, sliced in 1/2-inch pieces and steam for 15–20 minutes.
- Mash the sweet potato with a fork or potato masher and transfer to a large bowl.
- Mix together whole wheat flour and apple sauce into a large bowl and then add the sweet potato and blend until dough forms.
- Place dough on a well-floured surface and roll out until about 1/2-inch thick.
- Cut out shapes using a cookie cutter or cut dough into squares with a knife.
- Place cookies on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake until crisp, 35 to 45 minutes.
- Cool in the pan for 10 minutes before removing and continue cooling completely on a wire rack.
Sanctuary Spotlight: All Things Wild RehabilitationJanuary 10th, 2018
Otters: The Forgotten VictimsNovember 1st, 2017
Guest Blog: Save Your City’s WildlifeOctober 11th, 2017
Sanae Suzuki’s Happy Healthy PoochJune 20th, 2016