Beauty Starts From Within
This was a super super hard decision. Thank you everyone for entering and sharing your journey, truly. So powerful and so inspiring.
There’s a ton of collagen products on the market, but what exactly is collagen and what does it do? Collagen is the most abundant protein in the human body and is often described as the glue that holds everything together. It’s mostly found in fibrous tissues such as tendons, ligaments and the dermis of the skin where it acts as a structural scaffold.
Collagen, along with elastin and keratin are the three key “beauty” proteins in the body. It’s key structural protein works with elastin to provide the skin with strength, smoothness and elasticity, while keratin is what protects the outer layer of the skin and makes up 95 percent of our hair. When we are young, we have an abundance of these three proteins, which is why children and teenagers have beautiful shiny hair and smooth skin. As we age, our body’s production of collagen and other structural proteins starts to slow down, our skin starts to lose its elasticity, and we start to notice sagging skin and wrinkles.
If you’ve ever watched TV or walked down a pharmacy aisle, I’m sure you’ve observed the countless anti-aging creams that highlight collagen, claiming to plump up skin and suggest turning back the clock. Seems appealing right? But what most people don’t realize is that collagen is a fairly large molecule that can’t be absorbed whole through the skin, so most of these creams simply stay on the skin and do not build collagen within the body.
In addition to lotions, dietary supplements for collagen building have become popular but just like collagen skin creams; whole collagen supplements cannot be absorbed. Bottom line: You can’t eat collagen to build collagen.
However, eating a diet rich in clean plant protein and filled with vitamins (especially A, C, E, and the B’s), minerals (Zinc and Sillicon), and other co-nutrients can help build it! I have seen this evidence first hand. I credit a vegan diet 100 percent for improving my health and wellness, finding my skin and hair to be more radiant than ever. While I get nutrition directly from the whole foods I eat, the prospect of having a handy vitamin safety net filled with nourishing and youthful goodness excites me! And I wanted to provide you something clean that actually works, so you don’t waste your money and get tricked.
I’m beyond thrilled to now provide this for you I co-founded mykind Organics with the awesome company Garden of Life and we’re happy to announce a Certified USDA Organic, Non-GMO Project Verified, Vegan Certified, Gluten Free Certified Plant Collagen Builder made from over 30 real, nutritious organic, family-farmed whole food foods—with specifically chosen ingredients to help support the body’s own collagen production.
Here are some of the superstar ingredients:
– Silica from 100% Certified Organic and All Natural Bamboo Extract; bamboo shoots are excellent sources of protein, supplying a variety of minerals, including silica.
– Organic Amla Berry; amla serves up a healthy helping of whole food vitamin C, a vital co-nutrient for collagen production in the skin. Plus, it protects cells and skin from nasty free radicals, helping to prevent signs of natural aging.
– Pomegranate; pomegranate is an antioxidant/ polyphenol (polyphenol is a term for the several thousand plant-based molecules with potent antioxidant properties) superstar! Antioxidants provide numerous health benefits, while polyphenols are beneficial for proper enzyme and cell receptor function. Among other things, high polyphenolic pomegranate supports skin health and protection from UV damage.
– Organic Rooibos and Organic Green Tea; rooibos is a herb with 50 times more antioxidants than green tea, is known to fight free radicals and is rich in vitamin C, tannins and minerals—all of which can support healthy, glowing skin, healthy teeth and bones. The Green Tea is decaffeinated through a water extract so there’s so stimulating caffeine effect (and no chemicals), just antioxidants.
– Biotin; is actually vitamin B7, it’s sometimes referred to as vitamin H – for hair – and is commonly found in supplements for hair, skin, and nails. This biotin comes from flowering plants in the pea family, called Sesbania, a clean, pure biotin source.
– Organic Turmeric; turmeric’s active ingredient is curcumin—a powerful antioxidant supporting healthy aging by inhibiting the breakdown of cells, including skin cells.
Want to try this vegan collagen builder out? Enter to get it! I will be giving it away to 5 kind lifers. To enter, follow me on Instagram and make a post tying in your interest in plant-based eating using the hashtag #thekindlife. If you do not use Instagram, no worries! Leave me a comment below telling me about your plant-based journey and your interest in this product.
I will announce the winner on Friday, January 6th.
• LIMIT ONE COMMENT PER ENTRY. MULTIPLE COMMENT ENTRIES WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED. (NO INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING, SORRY).
• THIS GIVEAWAY ENDS AT 5:00 PM PST, FRIDAY 1/6/2017
• AFTER WINNERS ARE ANNOUNCED, ADDITIONAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR CLAIMING YOUR PRIZE WILL BE EMAILED.
• NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS GIVEAWAY.
• VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
Guest Blog: Ryan, an 8-Year-Old Recycling EnthusiastJanuary 19th, 2018
Natalie’s Kind JourneyJanuary 15th, 2018
Sanctuary Spotlight: All Things Wild RehabilitationJanuary 10th, 2018
Lip Balm Lovin’January 8th, 2018
Synthetic Fabrics & Microfiber PollutionJanuary 5th, 2018