Animal Shelters depend on donations to save lives. If you’re doing any holiday cleaning, it’s a great time to donate these items to animal shelters to help them not only save lives, but make the lives of those animals a little softer, warmer, and more comfortable. Shelters can be drafty, especially this time of year. There are about 6.5 million animals that enter shelters each year but only about half are adopted. So make a shelter pet’s life a bit more comfortable while they wait for their forever home.
What to donate to your local animal shelter
- Used pet toys or new eco ones
- Used dog and cat sweaters and clothes or new eco ones
- Used bedding or new eco bedding
- Used towels or new, eco towels
- Recycled paper and plastic bags
- Veggie dog food
- Office supplies
- Dog & cat beds (used or new and eco)
- Kennels & crates (used or new)
If you’re not sure where your closest shelter is, here is a full list of shelters by state.