I know it’s a bit late, but over Thanksgiving, I shot some videos. this first one was when I was making pies and cranberry sauce for our Thanksgiving dinner.
Here’s the recipe for the pecan pie:
- 3 1/4 cup pecans
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup barley malt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamoon
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot
- 4 tablespoons roasted sesame tahini
- 1 pre-made pie crust, or pie crust of your choice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a food processor, mix until smooth all ingredients except the pecans.
- Then add the pecans and process until the nuts are chopped and mixed with the other ingredients.
- Pour this concoction into the pie shell.
- You can add extra pecans on top before baking for decoration.
- Bake for 45 mins to one hour, until the top browns slightly.
You may be relieved to know that my extra cinnamon didn’t matter one bit! The pie turned out to be really yummy.
Stay tuned for the next video from my Thanksgiving celebration!