For the past two years, I’ve posted a bunch of kind takeout menus from vegan-friendly caterers in the Los Angeles area. Here is this year’s updated edition!
I have been using Kristina Brindley’s Seedling Catering for a while, and they are great. They also helped with my book launch party!
They have so many amazing dishes right now that would be perfect for Thanksgiving. Check out how great these sound:
- Zinnia – Ripe plantain fritters stuffed with cashew cheese
- Orchis – Potato blini with eggplant “caviar”
- Salad of black mission figs, roasted red pepper and fennel
- Squash, Fennel and Apple Soup – a sweet blend of squash and apple with a little accent of fennel
- Seedling Galette – seasonal apples, pears or a delightful combination of both on a flaky baked crust.
You can see the menu here and email Kristina to place an order.
Another great place to order a kind Thanksgiving dinner from in LA is Madeleine Bistro, a great vegan restaurant. They have a whole Thanksgiving-To-Go menu, and everything on this menu looks so good, and perfect for Thanksgiving.
- Salad – Baby spinach, quinoa, candied walnuts, dried cranberries, pomegranate vinaigrette
- Soup – Butternut squash bisque
- Entree includes – rustic mashed potatoes, pan gravy, coconut yams, pan-roasted veggie medley, and cranberry relish, as well as:
- Choice of Protein: Seitan – Grilled lemon-rosemary or Herb crusted or Tempeh: Braised or Herb crusted
- Choice of stuffing – Sourdough-sage OR Wheat-free quinoa
- Dessert – Choice of: Pumpkin pie or French apple tart or Both
- Spiced Butternut Bisque
- Winter Field Greens Salad with Fennel, Cranberries & Bosc Pear
- Holiday Roast Dinner: Savory Sliced Seitan, Herbed Bread Stuffing, Pan Gravy and Cranberry Relish
- Whipped Potato & Rutabaga
- Mashed Pumpkin with Couscous & Raisins
- Maple-Glazed Acorn Squash, Brussells Sprouts & Chestnuts
- Sauteed Brocolini with Garlic & Red Chile
- Green Beans Amandine
- Herbed Bread Stuffing
- Wild Rice Pilaf
- Cranberry-Ginger Relish
- Whole Apple Pie (from Babycakes NYC)
- Pumpkin Cheesecake
- Kobacha, Corn & Coconut Bisque
- Faux Turkey Breast
- Corn Sage Stuffing
- Garnet Yams topped with marshmallows
- Mashed Potatoes &Parsnips
- Herb Roasted Vegetables
- Mushroom Gravy
- Cranberry Relish
- Pumpkin Pie
- Southern Maple Pecan Pie
- Pumpkin Tofu Cheesecake
Order here or call 310.289.9910 in West Hollywood or 310.451.7544 in Santa Monica.
Will you be cooking your Thanksgiving meal from scratch, ordering take out, or doing a combo of both?
Photo Credit: Melrose Ave