kind holidays: nine kinder sodas for memorial day weekend
If you’re attending or hosting a Memorial Day BBQ this weekend, you’re likely going to have guests who want soda. I’m not a soda drinker myself, but it’s good to have a go to list of naturally sweetened, vegan alternatives in situations where soda is called for. Here are a few brands to try:
- R.W. Knudsen Sparkling Essence – organic and sweetened with fruit juice
- Santa Cruz Organic Sparkling Beverages – organic sweetened with evaporated cane juice (watch out for the sugar!)
- Steaz – organic, fair trade and sweetened with evaporated cane juice…sugar alert!
Natural (but not organic)
- Fizzy Lizzy – sweetened with fruit juice
- Solixir – sweetened with fruit juice
- Zevia – sweetened with stevia
- Izze Sparkling Juice – sweetened with fruit juice. This is my favorite, especially the apple and clementine flavors. Yum!
These three have sugar, so beware:
- Whole Earth – sweetened with agave
- Maine Root – sweetened with evaporated cane juice
- Oogave – sweetened with agave
What beverages will you be drinking this weekend?
Shauna’s Peach SorbetAugust 20th, 2014
Delicious London Meet UpAugust 13th, 2014
Hearty Kinpira StewAugust 6th, 2014
Mizuna Salad with Roasted Cauliflower & Cumin VinaigretteAugust 1st, 2014