kind holidays: nine kinder sodas for memorial day weekend
If you’re attending or hosting a Memorial Day BBQ this weekend, you’re likely going to have guests who want soda. I’m not a soda drinker myself, but it’s good to have a go to list of naturally sweetened, vegan alternatives in situations where soda is called for. Here are a few brands to try:
- R.W. Knudsen Sparkling Essence – organic and sweetened with fruit juice
- Santa Cruz Organic Sparkling Beverages – organic sweetened with evaporated cane juice (watch out for the sugar!)
- Steaz – organic, fair trade and sweetened with evaporated cane juice…sugar alert!
Natural (but not organic)
- Fizzy Lizzy – sweetened with fruit juice
- Solixir – sweetened with fruit juice
- Zevia – sweetened with stevia
- Izze Sparkling Juice – sweetened with fruit juice. This is my favorite, especially the apple and clementine flavors. Yum!
These three have sugar, so beware:
- Whole Earth – sweetened with agave
- Maine Root – sweetened with evaporated cane juice
- Oogave – sweetened with agave
What beverages will you be drinking this weekend?
Insane Ice Cream!June 27th, 2016
Guest Blog: How Vegan Friendly is Italy?June 17th, 2016
Tempeh Rueben Wraps from Heirloom Commons!May 20th, 2016
Date with Bear & My ParentsMay 11th, 2016
East Village NYC’s Vegan Ice Cream Game is Strong!April 27th, 2016