kind holidays: nine kinder sodas for memorial day weekend
If you’re attending or hosting a Memorial Day BBQ this weekend, you’re likely going to have guests who want soda. I’m not a soda drinker myself, but it’s good to have a go to list of naturally sweetened, vegan alternatives in situations where soda is called for. Here are a few brands to try:
- R.W. Knudsen Sparkling Essence – organic and sweetened with fruit juice
- Santa Cruz Organic Sparkling Beverages – organic sweetened with evaporated cane juice (watch out for the sugar!)
- Steaz – organic, fair trade and sweetened with evaporated cane juice…sugar alert!
Natural (but not organic)
- Fizzy Lizzy – sweetened with fruit juice
- Solixir – sweetened with fruit juice
- Zevia – sweetened with stevia
- Izze Sparkling Juice – sweetened with fruit juice. This is my favorite, especially the apple and clementine flavors. Yum!
These three have sugar, so beware:
- Whole Earth – sweetened with agave
- Maine Root – sweetened with evaporated cane juice
- Oogave – sweetened with agave
What beverages will you be drinking this weekend?
East Village NYC’s Vegan Ice Cream Game is Strong!April 27th, 2016
Oh Snap! Sweet Pea SoupApril 6th, 2016
My 2015 Natural Products Expo West AdventureMarch 21st, 2016
Making Raw Balls with BearFebruary 19th, 2016