kind holidays: my father’s day gift guide
If you want to get a gift for your dad, here are some eco options from my OpenSky store.
- Vega Smoothies – Vega was created by Brendan Brazier, who is a triathlete. He’s created a whole line of products for high-performance athletes and us layfolk alike. This formula is only 100 calories and it’s loaded with proteins, essential fats, fibers, greens and probiotics. I think this and the one below are the best I have ever met.
- Weaver’s Organic and Fair-Trade Coffee -I don’t drink coffee, cause I’m a superhero, so I know it’s weird to see me offer it here. But for those who do, Weaver’s coffee is organically grown and Fair Trade Certified, which means Weavers directly supports a better life for farmers and farm workers in the developing world through fair prices, community development and environmental stewardship.
- Sun Warrior Blend Protein – If you like protein powder- say you’re an athlete or it’s just your thang -this is one of my all-time favorites. I don’t say that lightly!
- Full Circle Home Composter – We love composting at our house…it’s so easy and so fun (just check out my video of me and my husband composting). Composting is such a satisfying way to give to the Earth…it just makes you feel good!
- Mixed Tape Neckties – Each one of these hand-woven ties is an individual work of art and believe it or not, they actually play music! They’re made from recycled cassette tapes and fabric.
- Eco Functional iPhone Case – Made from 100% up-cycled plastic, each one of these guys contains at least one recycled plastic bottle. How groovy is that? Plus all of the iPhone cases are shipped to you in biodegradable packing peanuts and come in boxes made of recycled paper.
- Black Fedora by Greenpacha – This Fedora is made from 100% natural toquilla palm leaves. The company’s founder, Florencia Gomez Gerbi, employs the artisans in Ecuador who are known for this traditional style of hat making. She supports the community there, with a percentage of proceeds going back to the weaving communities of Sigsig, Ecuador.
Success Story: Jen & IBSOctober 29th, 2014
Kind Organics: Clean Tablet TechnologyOctober 27th, 2014
Have A Green HalloweenOctober 17th, 2014
An Interview With World-Renowned Yogini Sharon GannonSeptember 17th, 2014
Kind Coats for Fall & WinterSeptember 12th, 2014