Lentil Loaf aka Vegan version of meat loaf
This actually tastes better to me than the actual meat loaf that I grew up with. If you serve it up with some mashed potatoes and mushroom gravy you’re set!** make sure that you cook the rice while you are cooking the lentils to save yourself time. I cook my rice in a rice cooker to make things easier and fast.
60 min cook | 6 servings | 90 min prep
- lentils (rinsed
- drained and cooked) 1.5 cup
- water 3.5 cup
- onions diced 2 na
- cloves garlic minced 3 na
- olive oil 3 tbsp
- pre-cooked rice 2 cup
- salt 0.5 tsp
- organic ketchup or bbq sauce 0.25 cup
- sage 0.5 tsp
- Italian seasoning 0.5 tsp
- In a large stock pot cook lentils according to directions which is usually 30 minutes. Drain them
- then mash them in a large bowl.
- Sautee the garlic and onions in olive oil about 3 to 5 min. or until soft.
- Combine the onions
- garlic and olive oil with the mashed lentils and add the rice
- ketchup or barbecue sauce
- and Italian seasoning.
- Gently press the mixture into a lightly greased loaf pan. Drizzle a bit of extra ketchup on top if desired.
- Bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees. Allow to cool slightly before serving
- as this will help the lentil loaf to firm up.