radicchio pizza with truffle oil
I first learned how to make this pizza from my friend Liz. She used a super groovy organic, sourdough spelt crust from Berkshire Mountain Bakery in Woodstock, NY. Really, any whole grain crust will do. Christopher and I went to visit her at her amazing home in Woodstock. She picked us up from the train station with treats that she made for us; nori rolls with endive and walnuts (recipe to come!). She took us on a hike… then we all drove to the Woodstock Animal Sanctuary. It was a great day and night.This pizza is perfect for dinner parties, or just a cozy night at home. If you haven’t made this yet, I highly recommend it for flirts and vegans. It is so good! I haven’t had it in a little while, and would love some right about now! Hope you like it!!
15 min cook | 2 servings | 15 min prep
- large head radicchio 1 na
- olive oil 1 tbsp
- pinch of fine sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- to taste 1 na
- White truffle oil
- to taste 1 tsp
- fresh pizza crust (preferably a healthy
- whole grain one) 1 na
- Cut the radicchio in half
- then slice each half crosswise into thin ribbons (as thin as possible).
- Dress with olive oil
- and a few dashes of white truffle oil to taste.
- Preheat the oven to 415 degrees Farenheight.
- Toast the pizza crust in the oven for 7 minutes
- or until it is heated through and slightly golden
- but not crunchy.
- Scatter the dressed radicchio over the pizza crust and return to the oven for another 3-5 minutes
- until the radicchio is warm and just starting to wilt.
- Serve immediately.