This Thanksgiving pizza from Chef Chloe looks yum! I haven’t tried it, but if you do, let me know how it turns out.
90 min cook | 4 servings | 120 min prep
- active dry yeast (one package) 0.25 ounce
- warm water (110 degrees F) 1 cup
- all-purpose flour (or half all-purpose flour and half whole wheat flour)
- plus extra for rolling 2.5 cup
- olive oil
- plus extra for brushing 1 tbsp
- salt 1 tsp
- sugar or maple syrup 1 tbsp
- 15 oz can cannellini or other white beans
- rinsed and drained 1 na
- olive oil 0.25 cup
- water 2 tbsp
- lemon juice 1 tbsp
- cloves garlic 2 na
- dried thyme 0.5 tsp
- sea salt 1 tsp
- freshly ground black pepper 0.5 tsp
- olive oil 4 tbsp
- thinly sliced 1 na
- pinch of sea salt 1 na
- pinch of freshly ground black pepper 1 na
- (Â½ -inch) cubes peeled butternut squash 2 cup
- spinach 1 cup
- peeled and thinly sliced (preferred: honeycrisp
- or fuji) 1 na
- In a small bowl
- dissolve yeast in warm water.
- Let stand until bubbles form
- about 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl
- combine flour
- and the yeast mixture.
- Using lightly floured hands or an electric mixer fitted with a dough hook
- mix until a stiff dough has formed.
- If the dough is too sticky
- sprinkle extra flour 1 teaspoon at a time as needed. Place the dough in a large well-oiled bowl and rotate the ball of dough so it is completely covered with the oil. This will prevent the dough from sticking to the bowl as it rises.
- Cover with a dry kitchen towel and place in a warm part of the kitchen until it has doubled in volume (about 1 to 1 ½ hours).
- Place dough on a lightly floured work surface
- shape into a disc
- and knead for five minutes.
- Use dough immediately or cover tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate or freeze for a later use.
- Thaw to room temperature before using.
- Blend cannellini beans
- olive oil
- lemon juice
- dried thyme
- sea salt
- and pepper in a food processor until
Quick ‘N’ Easy Hot CocoaFebruary 4th, 2013
Chocolate-Covered StrawberriesFebruary 4th, 2013
Seitan in a Balsamic-Wine ReductionFebruary 4th, 2013
Cauliflower Buffalo WingsJanuary 15th, 2013
Vegan Fudge (Chocolate)September 29th, 2012