In this election, neither candidate is eager to talk about the environment. That’s why we all need to be vocal advocates of green policies. The first step is to make sure we’re informed about the issues and how each candidate’s policies affect our country and our communities. Here are some good resources for getting up to speed on the issues without losing your mind:
1. Compare President Obama’s official energy platform to Mitt Romney’s official platform.
2. Environment 360 – simple comparison of President Obama’s and Mitt Romney’s respective positions on environmental policies.
3. About Politics – provides voting records of your representatives on key issues. You can easily find your state’s representatives then search each representative’s voting record by issue, including the environment.
4. Huffington Post Green – HuffPo is doing a great job of posting up to date coverage of green issues in Election 2012. You can also follow them on Twitter @HuffPostGreen.
5. Takepart – recently published an interesting examination of how both candidates are avoiding the environmental issue in their campaign rhetoric.
How are you staying informed on eco issues in Election 2012?
Share in the comments below.
Photo credit: flickr.com/ hlkljgk
The Kind diet
A simple guide to feeling great, losing weight, and saving the planet
By following The Kind Diet, you will lose weight more easily, your skin will absolutely glow, you will have tons of energy, and you will become more sensitive to all the important things in life – like love, nature, and your deepest, truest self.