Published on December 30th, 2011 | by Alicia Silverstone
New Year’s Day can be less of a holiday and more of a hangover day for a lot of people. So in honor of NYE recovery day, I’m sharing my Cure All Tea recipe from my book (p. 290).
Cure All Tea
- 1 kukicha tea bag (if you’re using loose-leaf tea, follow the package instructions)
- 1/4-1/2 umeboshi plum, pit removed and chopped very fine
- 3-5 drops shoyu
- Steep the tea in 1 cup of boiling water
- While the tea steeps, place the umeboshi plum into a teacup with the shoyu
- Pour the hot tea over the umeboshi plum in the teacup and stir well
- Drink hot
- The umeboshi pit is also good to suck on if you want
Also, remember when you have a hangover, you might think you want a bunch of heavy junk the next day – but the cleaner you eat, the better you will feel quickly. Green juice, brown rice, or steamed greens like kale are great hangover foods. But in my ancient party days, I noticed a huge difference between a veggie burger and fries and cakes versus the clean food.
What are your favorite hangover cures?