Happy Fair Trade Month!
Congrats Catherine! You are the winner of the Fair Trade giveaway!
Thank you so much to all of you who entered, there were some really amazing comments.
This month is Fair Trade Month! No one wants to buy a chocolate bar made with child labor. When you see a product with the Fair Trade Certified™ label, you know that farmers got a fair deal for their hard work, have access to healthcare and education, and practice sustainable farming. The result is a product you can feel empowered by; you can truly make a difference with your dollar!
To earn the Fair Trade certification, farmers must meet the rigorous standards. This certification cover things like safe working conditions, no child labor, elimination of harmful chemicals, a voice in the workplace, equal rights for women, no GMOs and more. In many ways, Fair Trade is like a global farmers market. It’s a way to get closer to the people and places that make our products, and a way to support this Fair, eco, and fully transparent system!
Fair Trade USA now certifies over 30 different product categories. You can find everything from Fair Trade cocoa and sugar, to tea, spices, wine, produce, flowers, clothing and even home goods.
So in honor of Fair Trade Month we have a fabulous giveaway featuring a variety of new Fair Trade goodies.
- This beautiful salvaged 100% cotton Sequin Pouf, made by artisans in India, is just one of more than 400 different Fair Trade Certified items now offered by West Elm. West Elm is the first home retailer to offer Fair Trade Certified™ products.
- The long sleeve Herringbone Hoodie from Patagonia is just one of their 192 Fair Trade styles. It looks perfect to throw on when heading to a yoga class or for an evening walk.
- Cozy up with an uber soft Fair Trade Certified™, Organic cotton Heavenly Throw from Under the Canopy.
- Warm up with some Turmeric Tea from Numi Organic Tea. Drink on its own or use to flavor things like broth and rice to soak up the rich nutritional benefits of exotic spice.
- Try this Fair Trade LÄRABAR for a yummy easy on the go snack.
- Spice up your favorite recipes with Fair Trade Nutmeg from Frontier Co-op.
- Support quinoa farmers in Bolivia by cooking with TruRoots Fair Trade organic Sprouted Quinoa Trio.
In order to win this awesome Fair Trade giveaway, leave me a comment below stating why Fair Trade matters in October and beyond!
For more information on Fair Trade and this special month, please visit http://befair.org/
I will announce the winner on Friday 11/6.
- LIMIT ONE COMMENT PER ENTRY. MULTIPLE COMMENT ENTRIES WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED. (NO INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING, SORRY).
• THIS GIVEAWAY ENDS AT MIDNIGHT PST, THURSDAY NOVEMBER 5th
• AFTER WINNERS ARE ANNOUNCED, ADDITIONAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR CLAIMING YOUR PRIZE WILL BE EMAILED.
• NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS GIVEAWAY.
• VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
Our Passover CelebrationMarch 21st, 2018
Three States Aim to End the Sale of Cruel CosmeticsMarch 19th, 2018
Dream The FutureMarch 15th, 2018
From The Ground Up FilmMarch 12th, 2018
This Rawsome Life’s Strawberry + Chocolate CheesecakeMarch 7th, 2018