This gnocchi from The Minimalist Vegan looks yum and surprisingly simple! Check it out.
Total Time: 1 hour, 15 min | Serving Size 2-3
- 2 medium sized sweet potatoes
- 2-3 cups all purpose gluten-free flour
- 400 grams cherry tomatoes
- 2 handfuls of rocket
- Salt for seasoning
- Pepper for seasoning
- ¼ – ⅓ cup olive oil
- 1 clove of finely chopped garlic (optional)
- Fork the sweet potatoes to let out steam when baking. Place on a baking tray lined with unbleached baking paper. Turn the oven on 180 degrees and bake for around 40-50 minutes or until soft enough for mash.
- Peel the potato and place in blender with 2 cups of the flour and season. Blend until smooth. If the consistency of the dough is not sticking together well yet and has a doughy texture, add more flour and blend again.
- Place the cherry tomatoes seasoned with a little olive oil, salt and pepper in the oven using the same tray from the sweet potato and bake for about 5-10 minutes until they soften and ooze tomato juice.
- Sprinkle some flour on the bend and roll break a large handful of the dough and roll into a long 2-3cm thick log.
- With a knife, cut the gnocchi into 3cm pieces and set aside to cook. Continue rolling out and cutting the rest of the dough.
- Bring a big pot of water to the boil. Place around 20 pieces is and wait until they float to the top. They should cook for another 30 seconds to 1 minute before they are done. Taste one and get a feel for how long each batch will take. (Note: As you are cooking the gnocchi, add a little olive oil to the batch that you have cooked and toss through. This will stop them from sticking to each other.)
- Once the tomatoes have roasted, squish them a little to make sure that all the seeds and tomato juice comes out when tossing them through the cooked gnocchi. Add the garlic and toss through again.
- Add the rocket on top and drizzle a little olive oil and season to taste.
Photo Credit: The Minimalist Vegan